Marci met us at the house and we went to Padaro Beach Grill for lunch. It was funny, we were totally matching with our yellow shirts.
We got a great table under an umbrella so my mom would be happy!
Then we drove down to Carpinteria to check out a new store called "Porch." I really liked it and so did my mom. Brent entertained the crowd with his usual antics. We thought this ladder was really funny, where is it going? Why is it there? It starts in the bank parking lot and goes into this little backyard that is more like an alleyway. Really funny.
Our last night was sort of weird. We were all tired I think and a little lazy. I enjoyed several episodes of one of my favorite shows - "Law and Order" on the cable TV at the house. Then we got In-N-Out for dinner and rented "The Pianist." I know, TOTALLY random choice. It was NOT mine. That movie is really long and we stayed up too late watching it.
The next day we had a nice breakfast in Montecito at a new place. After breakfast everyone had to leave - Todd back to Redding and my parents and grandma back to OC. Brent and I decided to stay a little longer and headed back up to Westmont. We spent about an hour and half there walking around and then sitting in the sun on the big rock outside the library. It was a GREAT way to end the weekend.
I sat with Brent on the rock for a while but then I was getting too much sun so I moved to a nice spot under a tree not too far away. I talked to God and just rested. That's where my thoughts about resting really began.
1 comment:
That picture of Brent on the ladder seriously cracks me up...his face is great!
Post a Comment