10.02.2007

Tom and Sarah Megale get married!!

This is my beautiful friend Sarah... she got married this last weekend! The wedding was in Los Olivos, CA, near Santa Barbara and Solvang. It was at a beautiful winery (which you can see below), the Firestone Winery. I cannot explain how happy I am that Sarah found Tom. He is a wonderful man and I am so excited about their marriage. This wedding was a WONDERFUL beginning. Sarah was absolutely beautiful and the day could not have been more perfect... really.
Sarah and Tom asked us to read a passage as part of their ceremony. We read 1 Corinthians 13, the passage about love. It was beautful and we were so honored to be asked to be a part of their ceremony.
Brent forgot to bring the appropriate socks so he had to wear sport socks with his dress shoes.
It was really special!

This wedding spot was amazing! After the ceremony we all walked a few feet over to this area with a bar and couches and appetizers. The sun was setting and it was a perfect moment. Sarah and Tom took their photos during this time... I can't wait to see them!
Each table card was set between two Firestone corks with a specific color of ribbon indicating what food we ordered for dinner.
My parents came up for the big event also... it was really fun that they could be there.
We had THE BEST time with Jill and Zack. We haven't seen them since last October at our high school reunion. I loved the time with Jill and Brent and Zack had a good time getting to know each other.
The Lyding Family
This gives just a small glimpse of how beautiful this setting was...
This is the main house on the property where Sarah and the girls got ready.
The ceiling inside the barn where the reception was...
Sarah's friend Jean and her husband also read a passage during the ceremony.
It was so much fun for the three of us to be together at this momentous occasion. Its been a long time since we've really spent time together. I hope we can soon. I just love these girls.

Sarah's dress was incredible. I loved it and it looked so beautiful on her. I was there several months with her when she picked it out. I felt so honored to be there for that also. It looked stunning on her.
Cutting the cake!
And then there was the dancing... need I say more?
At the end of the night Brent was all tuckered out from his big performance. He and Zack had a little down time before we climbed back onto the buses to head to Solvang for the night. My parents left on the first bus, we took the last! What a wonderful celebration of marriage!

1 comment:

Melissa B said...

I loved seeing these photos and hearing a bit about Sarah's wedding! How beautiful - both Sarah and the location! ..... and I laughed so hard at Ray's message to Dan!!!!! I now know that you were probably in the car and heard it. love you guys.