10.26.2007

More news...

This morning I drove my usual route to work, coming over the hills into Newport. Usually I can see all of Newport and Costa Mesa and many days I can see the ocean from the top of the hill on the 73 toll road. Even yesterday I could still see pretty far. This morning was the worst. Not only could I not see ANY of Newport or Costa Mesa but I could barely see the homes right off the freeway. It was so sad. The smoke is much worse today and more school districts are closed because of it. I am still at work, feeling like I live in a campfire, smelling like a campfire, but ultimately, thankfully, not in any danger from these fires. I hope and pray that they will be stopped soon.
This is what the sky looks like all the time, the sun is so weird trying to shine through all the nastiness.

At some point on Wednesday this week they completely shut down both the North and South bound sides of the 5 freeway near Camp Pendleton. Eery! I wonder if there are any long term effects from breathing this in??

1 comment:

Todd said...

Bummer.... I thought I heard it was getting better, not worse. I think dad said it was better today. It's probably different where they are. One good thing about it- makes for cool pictures! (Oh, and a good reason to blog ;)