1.26.2008

Pacific Beach for our Anniversary

We had so much fun celebrating our actual anniversary on January 10th with Sushi and Fondu. But we also like to get away and talk about all that has happened in the previous year, thank God for all those things, and then talk about what we are dreaming for and asking God for in the coming year. So this year we went to this little hotel in Pacific Beach that I have been to in the past. Before we were married I went on an "alone retreat" over spring break. I went to this hotel and stayed for 3-4 days by myself just to pray and be alone. It was awesome! I loved it that time and it was wonderful again!
This is the beach right in front of the hotel...
There is a great boardwalk that runs along the backside of the hotel and along the water. There are all kinds of hotels. apartments, restaurants and shops along the way. We went for a walk just after we arrived so I could show Brent the area.
When we arrived we were upgraded to a Junior Suite! It was HUGE and quite luxurious. We were very thankful!
We thought about going downtown for dinner to a place my friend Liz recommended but ended up not wanting to get in the car again. So we walked along the boardwalk to this little restaurant that the concierge recommended at the hotel. It was great and we had a nice dinner together.
Brent freaking loves VOSS sparkling water these days and the restaurant had it!!!
Our walk home was quite misty, but really cool. Brent "met" this guy along the way. Given his *LOVE* for pelicans he had to stop and shake his hand!
We awoke to the most beautiful day on Sunday and went for another walk! It is just gorgeous there on the beach.
We walked along the beach and ended up underneath the pier which was really cool. I will try to upload the video later. It was so cool in there.


I always think these signs are so funny... the little man is getting crushed by large boulders. There were NO boulders here!
Before we left we went back for a better photo with Mr. Pelican. He was dressed in his Sunday Best for us, a tuxedo!
We thought this was amazing... a trolley car ON the freeway. Is that supposed to happen? I thought they were attached to cables on the street - phony!
After going downtown for lunch we headed back to OC and stopped in San Clemente for Coffee Bean! It was there that we finally got to talking about the good stuff that we wanted to talk about. It turned out to be one our best days of marriage in 4 years! It was awesome. God was so good to us in meeting us there, helping us really connect, and talk about these bigger things. We couldn't be more grateful for that rare and special gift.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love hearing that you guys got away to focus on just being together, dreaming, and connecting. You have such a special marriage, I am so grateful for it.