Tonight we went to La Fondue for dinner. As previously stated in my 100 things post, the last time we ate at this restaurant was my favorite meal of all time. Several years ago we happened upon this restaurant when walking around Saratoga, CA, a small city we stopped in on our way to San Francisco. We ate the most beautiful meal there and had the greatest time. A couple of years later we hear that La Fondue is building one more restaurant... and it just happens to be in San Juan Capistrano. We've always wanted to go, and tonight was the night. This one is just as great and once again we had an amazing meal together. Fondue is the greatest.
First, you start with a salad. After the salad comes the cheese fondue. We opted for the Blue Tomato cheese tonight. Incredible!
I enjoyed my shirley temple.
After the cheese comes the entree. We chose to grill our meats rather than boil them. We had shrimp, Filet Mignon, wild duck, cajun fish, calamari steak, and teriyaki sirloin. We grill each piece for 2-3 mins on each side and then...
... dipping sauces!
Brent finished all the meat... I just couldn't go on because I knew the best part was coming last, the chocolate. No photos of this sadly, I was so excited to eat it and it was so yummy that the camera never even came out during this part of the night. We were there for almost 3 hours. It was amazing. We had good conversation and great food. I love going on dates with my husband!!!

Just across the street from the restaurant we spotted this beautiful tree all lit up in this small park. We had to stop, it was really beautiful. This nice old man who was talking a dog named "Ricky" stopped to snap a shot of us in front of the tree.
Thank you to Brent's parents for my cute new jacket... I loved wearing it on our date!
Happy Saturday to all and to all a good night...
2 comments:
You are quenching your thirst on my beverage of choice! Shirley temples are divine. AND, I'm SO jealous you ate there! I wanted to when we were there for Christmas but we ate at the restaurant that's in the old train instead.
GGGRRRR I love the animal print ambiance. We have got to go fondue with you guys soon, I love it!!
Post a Comment