Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit...
1.18.2008
Commuter Life
View Larger Map
I (Brent) currently have the commute to end all commutes. Daily I embark upon an epic voyage which spans the greater part of Southern California. Yesterday, I attempted to take the train(s).
Here are the details of my journey:
I woke up at 4:45 AM got ready and left my house at 5:36 head to the train station to catch the 5:56 AM train. I was about 5 minutes earlier than I needed to be.
Then, after a 50 minute train ride, I had to hoof it over and hop on a bus in Norwalk that would take me on a 20 minute ride to get me to the next train station. Then I took that train about 30+ more minutes and got off right outside the gate where I work. Got into my office at 7:55 AM.
Then, walking out of my office at 5:00 PM, I repeated my steps on the way home (the return trip, however, featured an incident where I was required to physically pry the back doors of a Norwalk Transit bus open and sprint with all the might that my 30 year old legs could muster) and I arrived to our house again at 7:15 PM.
Needless to say, I don't believe I will be making a habit of taking the train. So, looks like I will still be getting up before the farmers and driving the 5 to 405 slot.
But, I am actually feeling great about where I am. My Father is doing a great work in me that I am only barely beginning to peer into though this season of my life. So, I am grateful that this is in my life right now. James got it.
And, my beautiful, thoughtful wife, got me the Bible Experience, it's a dramatized version of the entire Bible on MP3's. Today, I listened to Genesis and I was enthralled. It is amazing to listen as the Word comes alive. It sure helps when the Spirit breathes on it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Should have taken the sub job at Laguna Beach High School, the pay is crappy but the commute is beautiful. Im proud of you and your attitude...I would be pouting for sure.
What a day! That is one thing about southern Cal that I definitely don't miss... traffic. Good thing you have something cool from my beautiful, thoughtful sister to listen to on your long commute!
Where are you working?
I don't know how you do that commute Brent! The Bible experience cds sound really neat though!
Post a Comment