New Years Eve
was mellow this year. Brent took down Christmas lights at my parents, I watched the Law and Order marathon (which I LOVED), my mom was filling up her new iPOD with all the songs she loves, and I Todd and my dad went for a big hike. We watched the ball drop at midnight (minus my mom who could not stay awake during Nacho Libre). The boys went in the hot tub and I went to bed. Brent and Todd were up until 3am talking in the spa. Amazing. We really just wanted to spend some time with Todd before he left to go back to Redding. He had not been home in a year. It was SO great to see him. I loved spending time with him and hearing about his life. I can't wait to visit him in Redding in the next couple of months!
was mellow this year. Brent took down Christmas lights at my parents, I watched the Law and Order marathon (which I LOVED), my mom was filling up her new iPOD with all the songs she loves, and I Todd and my dad went for a big hike. We watched the ball drop at midnight (minus my mom who could not stay awake during Nacho Libre). The boys went in the hot tub and I went to bed. Brent and Todd were up until 3am talking in the spa. Amazing. We really just wanted to spend some time with Todd before he left to go back to Redding. He had not been home in a year. It was SO great to see him. I loved spending time with him and hearing about his life. I can't wait to visit him in Redding in the next couple of months!
This is my parents new cat... Gloria. My dad calls her Glo (f course), reminiscent of "Flo" which he used to call my cousin Laura. Anyway, this is a great cat. She was rescued from the fires in Corona area by my mom's friend. They couldn't keep her because they have three dogs so my parents took her in. And she is just great. She loves people, is VERY calm, and was comfortable in their home right off the bat.
New Years Dayconsisted of USC football and bocce. We had a bunch of people over to watch the game and have lunch. My parents got mexican food for all the enjoy and a bocce tournament was a must. Elizabeth and I lost miserably to G and Cody. It was a sad day. But the game was fun, not too much noise out of Trojan Ted because 'SC killed Illinois. Brent won two times in the "numbers game" so we came home with $35. It was big! Don't worry, we won't spend it all in one place. :) Brent and I left soon after everyone else because I had to go to work on Wednesday. But it was a fun day and a good time was had by all!


The saddest part was that we had to say "goodbye" to Todd right after the game. He left for Santa Barbara and in a few days, back to Redding. He was home for 2 weeks! What a treat. Brent and I are already missing him and feeling the loss. But we look forward to more time together in 2008. We are planning to be in Redding in May for his graduation from 2nd year at Bethel.
No comments:
Post a Comment