11.28.2007

Thanksgiving in Fort Worth, TX

It SNOWED... on Thanksgiving in Fort Worth!! It was very exciting. We were with Brent's family, his Aunt Karen hosted us for the big meal. And it was YUMMY! This was my first Thanksgiving without being with my family so I was a littlw worried that the food would be different. And it was different but SOOOOOOO good. His aunt is a wonderful cook and was so gracious to have us all to her house and to cook for all of us. The family is not small. I got many of the recipes for the food she makes, it was truly delicious. So much so that Brent's mom and I went back the following day for seconds. Mmmmmmm...

This is Brent's aunt Karen and his cousin Adam. Adam and his girlfriend drove to Texas from CA. Adam lives in San Clemente!!
First snow sighting...

I found out on Thanksgiving that both Jill and Ashley's favorite color is PURPLE! They were so cute in their purple sweaters.

After a yummy meal we decided to go play disc golf in the snow. The course was amazing. The girls got too cold after about 6 holes so we left. The boys played the full 18 holes as the snow was falling. They were wet and freezing at the end but they made it through. Dimitri did lose one disc as it was too dark to find it.




Thanksgiving was wonderful with Brent's family. We loved being in Texas. I enjoyed spending time to get to know them and seeing the place where Linda grew up. I got to see the old house that Brent remembers his grandparents living in when he was growing up. It was a really cool house. And I really liked Fort Worth. Ashley lives in a GREAT apartment down town. Brent and I got to stay with her. We had fun hanging out with all the cousins and just being together. We hope to do that again another time. It was a blast!!

5 comments:

jill said...

Hey Guys,

Loved the selected pics from the weekend! Good times, good laughs, good company! love you guys!

love, jill

Todd said...

Disk golf!
Kim, remember Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa's, and their interesting friends? :) Seems like so long ago. I'm glad you guys had fun in Texas.

dc said...

Yay for snow and yummy food and laughter... I really had fun with you guys. :)

huy do said...

too bad you couldn't have driven out roselle so he could play some disc golf also...the oak is probably super good. looks like fun out there!

Ashley N said...

Yay for pictures! I had SO much fun with you guys and was thrilled you got to stay with me. Wish we could be together more often. I know, I know I should move to California! Thanks for all the advice too...I'm taking it. Love you!!