9.12.2007

tamarack, idaho

Idaho is amazing! Here are some photos from our trip with my family. We had an amazing time zip lining, white water rafting, hanging out on the porch, eating together, laughing together.
It was so good.


The Tamarack Resort Lodge

The boys got way into disc golf while we were there. There was a course across the street from the house we stayed at. This photo is from the store where we bought discs in Boise. It was incredible how many options there are for discs. Drivers, putters, long distance, different weights...

We wore these amazing smurf outfits because it was really cold when we put into the river. Todd and I thought they were so funny looking.

View from the Fullmer's porch...

Zip Lining!!


Here's some video of Todd on the zipline.






This is the back of the house... we had "porch time" every evening where we just sat outside and enjoyed the view. Some wine was consumed and the jacuzzi was often used.


Tamarack is a real resort town. In the winter there is skiing and all kinds of winter sports. And in the summer rafting, downhill biking, zip lining, etc.


We did ALOT of relaxing. We all got to do what we wanted most of the time. The house we staying in was better than I could ever describe. My parents best friends built the house there a few years ago. We were so blessed to be able to stay there. We each had our own beautiful rooms, there was a movie room, a pool room, sun room, enormous kitchen, huge back porch... I could go on and on. It was perfect for "just being" which is what we all wanted. I got to read an entire book! That hasn't happened since our vacation to Hawaii last year. This year I read "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan." I would totally recommend it. It was thought provoking and interesting. Most of all I am thankful for the time with my parent and my brother. It's the only time that we are all together for a period of time and can just be. It's so great to have time to hear each others thoughts, more than just making plans and talking logistics. I loved it. Thanks again mom and dad.

5 comments:

Jennifer Morse said...

I am so jealous! Their place looks amazing. I am so glad you were able to relax and enjoy your time. Save that book for me!! Can't wait for Kate's wedding! I think Laura and I and Paige are coming down on the first. Can we stay with you on the fourth? Let me know. Love you!!

Melissa B said...

Wow - that looks like such a beautiful place. It makes me happy to see you family together. love, mel

everydayVALENTINE said...

fun, what a beautiful place. it reminds me of park city utah...we'll have to check it out when we get up to boise to see aaron's sister. glad you guys had so much fun...it seems like a trip similar to hawaii last year...that was so much fun. we cannot wait for you to meet little paige again next month...have you seen her frog pics? love you- *laura*

Todd said...

That was such a fun vacation. It was great hanging out with you guys. See you again soon!

Marilyn said...

I think we need to try Idaho together and see if it's like another Mauna Kea trip or Hapuna SHOOTY. What do you think? Seriously it looks like you had an awesome time. Can't wait to see you in October.

Love, Aunt Marilyn