7.23.2007

Africa 2007

Okay, I (Brent) am actually going to make an entry on our blog. Seems only appropriate that I would blog about my own trip to Africa. On our way over to the "Dark Continent", we had a 12 hour layover on London, so rather than losing our minds in the Heathrow Airport, we decided to make a run into the city to look around. I was our tour guide since I'd been there before and we were able to see a bunch of great London sites before we headed back. Our little loop included Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben & Parliament, Westminster Abby, St. James and Green Parks and Buckingham Palace. Pretty good considering we only had a few hours. It poured on us while we were there, but we didn't really care, we were just glad to be there. I love Europe and it was an unexpected treat to get to be there, even for a short time.Here is a picture of our group (sans Cliff) in front of Big Ben and the Parliament Buildings.

Look kids, there it is again, Big Ben ... Parliament.












Here are the gates of Buckingham Palace. There were all these dudes with fully automatic machine guns everywhere because of the recent terrorist attempts at happened at UK airports just days before we arrived.

The team sauntering through St. James park. It was beautiful. I've got to take Kim back there.
Here are the girls in Green Park just before we headed back to the airport on the extremely crowded tube.

1 comment:

Melissa B said...

Thanks for sharing Brent! We are really looking forward to hearing about your trip next time we get to be together. love, mel