8.05.2008

Orange County Fair

So I grew up in Orange County and I have never been to the OC Fair. It comes every summer and I am always somewhat interested but I never actually make it there. My parents never took us as kids so... I've just never been. And people here think that is just bizarre. So... this year I went! Brent surprised me at my office last Friday announcing that he was taking me to the fair. I met him at the driving range and we drove together...


This is Hercules, the largest horse you could ever see. We couldn't even fit his entire body into the photo. He was massive.
And a giant Cow. Both animals owned by the same person. What in the world is he doing to these creatures?
The Peking Acrobats were a true highlight of the evening. While Brent ate an enormous turkey leg, and I a cheeseburger, we enjoyed a fascinating show.
Brent won a white tiger for me at the water shooting game!
After quite an episode with a lady in the ticket booth we got 4 free ride passes so we headed for the BIG ferris wheel. It is truly a magnificent thing to see...
Before we got there we tried out the swings. I liked it when we were high but not too fast. As you get faster and faster you start to turn sideways and it messes with your head and balance. I was all off!

We got our own little carriage and were able to go around and around many times. It was really beautiful from up there... so much to see.

... and quite romantic!
We talked about how ferris wheels would be the best place to have a first kiss! We enjoyed our 2,856,943,751st kiss,,, okay maybe not, but who's counting? We did have our first one at 18 years old (that's 12 years ago!) WOW.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Sweeeet!! I'm glad you guys are having fun in the good old OC.

Elizabeth said...

Thats so funny about the massive animals! Of course we had to see it too and my husband loves the giant horse.

Unknown said...

Tom is going to crack up when he hears you guys went to the fair! I have told him how we used to go as kids and actually enter things in the contests and he thinks that is the funniest thing.
By the way, you two are the cutest!