2.22.2008

Adam's Birthday Party...

The idea for Ashley to come out here in the first place came from this little book. For Christmas she gave this cookbook to Adam and that gift birthed this idea of have a Texan feast for his birthday this year. And was it ever a feast...

Fried okra (yes, we actually purchased a mini fryer of our own), Chicken Fried Steak (which I did not try), Liver and Onions (definitely did not try), mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean bundles, macaroni and cheese, salad, and poppyseed rolls... just the way LUBY'S makes it! I must say that the mac and cheese was great... and so were the green bean bundles (Thanks Karen)!! I liked those items but Adam LOVED it all... and that's all the matter since it was for his birthday. He had a bunch of friends to my parents house and we just hung out...
LOTS and LOTS of cooking was done... so much that you really couldn't see much of the counter afterwards as it was covered in dishes.
Jill and Ashley enjoying all their time together!
It was great to see Huy and Holli. Brent and I got to talk to Huy for a while and it was awesome to catch up... it's been a long time.
It was a great time... and I believe fun was had by all. We had to say goodbye to Ashley that night. She spent the night with Jill in her new apartment in Long Beach and then went kayaking with Adam and Dani the next morning before she got on a plane back to Texas. It was a really quick trip and we were SO grateful that she made it. It was such a treat! We love you Ashley! Come again soon... even if we are just eating CA food! :)

No comments: