Merry Christmas to all...
I have been getting some complaints from our fans because I have not posted a new blog in several weeks. I know, it's sad when this happens. But life has been busy and I've been trying to take it easy and enjoy Christmas time. I made a point of getting all my shopping done early this year so that I could really enjoy gift giving, spending time with people, really talking, and soaking it all in. And it has been great! Truly. I just love Christmas time. Our house is all decorated and I love that. Here is our tree...
Funny story about the tree... Brent went by himself to get it this year. And, thinking that we spent about $40 last year he went to the 6'-7' trees that were selling for $40. He forgot that we have 10' ceilings and a 6' tree looks really silly in the room. We had a good laugh about it when he brought it in and it was shorter than him. So... we got a big bucket and put it on top so that it is a little taller! And it looks great and has been really fun to put gifts under!
We've gotten to see some friends over the holidays and enjoy our decorated house.
It has been really fun so far.
Another fun event was the Lindamood-Bell Christmas party! we had it at my parents house again this year. We ate Maggiano's, participated in a cookie decorating contest, tried to guess between two truths and a lie for each co-worker, and did a white elephant gift exchange. It was a blast and my parents house looked amazing for Christmas!
This is Katie and Peter, the just got engaged a couple of days before the party. We are all so excited for them!!
Dan, Brent and Josh were the judges for the cookie contest... it took them some time to deliberate!!
In the end it was Nursery Rhyme - Humpty Dumpty that won 1st prize! (Kim, Brittany and Matt)
The "Let it Snow" folks won 2nd place
"California Dreamin'" took 3rd
Then "Jingle Bells"
And bringing up the rear was "Cookie Monster", which all agreed was a bad theme and hard to do!
Shannon Cobb Miller, Matt Miller (her new husband), Sean and Shannon Viney
Alison and her fiance, Seth and Kellye (our new receptionist!!) and her husband Ronnie
The gift exchange was great, Sean won this beautiful patent leather bag from H&M. He and Shannon are now using it as a lunch bag. :) Sean is considering using it as his new man bag!
One of the highlights for me was getting to see the Korhonens!! I miss Cayce since she is on leave! And, they brought Lola who is just adorable. Look at her! She was really sweet, I got to hold her for a long long time while mommy and daddy ate their dinner. And then she slept for a while. She was so good! Those Korhonen's have the best kids.
All in all, Christmas time has been wonderful so far. I've gotten to spend quite a bit of time with my mom, shopping and hanging out. I will post some more pics of other Christmas time things once I download them from my camera. I hope all are enjoying the season as we reflect on the birth of Christ. What an amazing decision God made to send his only son for us. Merry Christmas everyone!
1 comment:
merry christmas to you too! hope you are having fun...loved the latest blog and the christmas tree story!
*laura*
Post a Comment