No pictures yet but I just wanted to say that we had a most enjoyable Christmas this year! We spent Christmas eve with the Zakaryans at their house. We had a yummy dinner and opened gifts with them. I loved watching them open the gifts we had for them. And, as always, they were so generous to us. Brent loves his new crocs! He has worn them a TON already. And I got a beautiful new jacket from Banana Republic!! We watched some "Planet Earth" with them that night and just hung out around the Christmas tree. Ted had his childhood train set up around the tree this year. It was all decked out with photos of him playing with the train as a child. Photos are in black and white. It was a wonderful evening.
Christmas morning we spent with the Strombacks. We ate a yummy breakfast, all my favs... egg and sausage casserole and home made coffee cake. It was great. Then we sat in the living room and opened gifts with them. Todd received an iPhone which he was elated about. Brent and I got the fancy blender we wanted and Grandma June loved the tickets to see "Forever Plaid" that we got her. We are taking her to the Curtain Call theater in Tustin some time in January to see the show. She is looking forward to it already. :) That was a fun gift to give. We spent the afternoon playing with new toys and with the Wii. My dad and brother have gotten to the professional levels for bowling and now their characters have fancy bowling balls with stars on them. It's so funny!
All in all we truly enjoyed the times with our families. It is SO nice to slow down and just hang out together. I can't express how thankful I am for that this year. Christmas was once again really nice and slow for me, the way it used to be. And I loved it. Pics coming soon...
Love to all our friends and family that will be reading this. We are thankful for you.
2 comments:
Glad you all had a good Christmas! We had a nice, relaxing Christmas here...missed being with all of you though. Hope to see you again soon...I know, its my turn to come there :)
Kim- just saw your comment...I pretty much was in full time school mode since Thanksgiving. Glad to have a little break now!
It's been great hanging out with you guys over the holidays!
Post a Comment