After pizza we headed to the Rock Bottom Brewery for the "post rehearsal dinner" party! It was on the rooftop! The city looks awesome from up there. We got to see lots of old friends and had a great time hanging out. Heather and Ryan arrived that night and joined us there. It was really fun to spend some time with them!
On Saturday we headed into the city again... they were filming the new Batman movie downtown and we got to see a few shots being filmed. There were Gotham SWAT vehicles and Gotham signage all over!
Brent used to travel to Chicago with Boeing. Here is their world headquarters building behind him where he used to work.
Brent is, well... obsessed, with maps! He loves them. And I am thankful that he does because he always knows where we are going. I never have to worry!
Just to appease Heather Brent did some dancing... it was great! Some new moves were born.
I was just amazed by all the flowers everywhere in the city. Streets are lined with flower boxes, hanging pots from light posts, center dividers filled with color! It was awesome amongst the buildings and streets to see the flowers.
Steve recommended we try a fun restaurant for dinner on our last night... Japanaise! It was one of our favorite meals ever. The food was so good, great atmosphere, and good company. We loved this place and hope that they bring it to the OC sometime!
The view from the back of the restaurant was beautiful when we were leaving...
4 comments:
Just looked at your latest postings. Your trip to Chicago looked amazing. So happy to see all of the fun you guys are having.
Awesome post! I remember going to Chicago with dad when I was like 15 or something, and then with Jon in college. I like it there. That bean thing is amazing!
Love the pictures! I especially like the ones you would take of each other at dinners...they look like what I would do since I'm always taking pictures :) Your trip looks fabulous!!
oh and consider this "tagging" you too for writing the 100 things blog about you!
Post a Comment