5.31.2008

Redding to visit Todd

Brent and I spent the night in Malibu after Huy and Holli's wedding and woke up at the crack of dawn the next day to get to the airport and fly to Redding for Todd's graduation from 2nd year at the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry. When we arrived many from my family were already there so we went sight seeing (even though it was over 100 degrees outside, no exaggerating)!

Our first stop... Bethel Church!
I was amazed by how big the property is... and it is in a beautiful place. Isn't that just like God to provide a wonderful place. Todd wanted us to see the prayer house.
We went inside and hung out for a few minutes, just taking in the breathtaking views and worship music. There were many people in their praying and being with God so we didn't stay long.

Outside the prayer house is this...
Around in front there is a pool of water...
I love the angel in there...
Next stop... the Sacramento River. We walked out on a trail a little ways and came to this awesome view. Can you see the Sundial Bridge in the picture?

If it weren't blistering hot I could have stayed here for a while, it was breathtaking.
As you can see in this photo of my dad and Paige, there is no railing, it's just a straight drop off into the water. My dad has a squeamish stomach when it comes to things like this so he was "in charge" of keeping Paige safe! Good job Dad!

Twinning as usual!

Jen and Todd

Next stop... the Sundial Bridge! Apparently it was built very recently, 2002 I think. And it's unbelievable. So random in Redding.
It's an actual real sundial. It is only 100% correct one day of the year, June 21. Every other day it is within 10 mins.
Todd took us around and underneath.



I think it kind of looks like the Nike Swoosh, but no one else was goin' with me on that. Anyone?
That night we had dinner together at Cattleman's in Redding before the graduation started.
Todd and his girlfriend, Mary

The whole gang was there... Fullmers, Morses, Panfilios and Strombacks!
Then we went to the graduation... Bill Johnson spoke after some amazing and awesome worship!
It was held in the Convention Center in Redding

Can you find Todd in this photo of graduates waiting to get their certificate?

Finally... "Todd Stromback!"
Hugging Kris...

... and Bill.
The next morning we met at the Black Bear Cafe for breakfast. Paige was the total entertainment... well, at least for me she was.

She gets really excited about food. I got to feed her rice cereal with mashed avocado... mmmmmmm!
After breakfast we said goodbye to my parents, the Fullmers, and the Morses. We hung out for the afternoon with Laura, Aaron and Paige and then they left around 4.
That night Todd and Mary took us to one of their favorite restaurants in Redding, the Moonstone. We had a nice long meal, really yummy and organic. We loved it! Then we went back to the Sundial Bridge to see it at night. The bridge is awesome at night, all lit up. We walked down a path along the river trying to find the pond where the turtles live. But alas, it was too dark to see any turtles when we got there. But it was a really nice walk after a big meal.

The next morning Todd picked us up at 5:45 and we got on a plane back to LAX and had to go to work! Crazy. But we had so much fun being with Todd and getting to see Redding. I really want to go back, it is beautiful up there. I love where he lives and I loved getting a little picture of his life. I can't believe he lives so far away these days. But he seems truly content and connected and happy there. And I love that.

2 comments:

Todd said...

It was so fun having you guys here! Thanks so much for coming up for my graduation and sticking around to see my new home :) I'm so glad you liked it and enjoyed your time here... come back!!

josephjen said...

Kim! Loved seeing all the pics...first of all, the Shack is amazing...I think I loved it as much as you did! Second, so good to see Todd, your family and especially the new girlfriend....so cute! Great running into you guys in Pasadena, if you're ever up in Santa Barbara we'll all have to get together! Jen