... of marriage and what better place to celebrate than in Santa Barbara, our favorite place! We went up on Friday night and stayed at our little Holiday Inn Express in Carpinteria. It was so nice to be together again and away from home after the craziness of the last couple of weeks since we got home from Kauai. And we always like to go away at least for a night on our anniversary to talk about the upcoming year, pray together, and dream together. It's such a wonderful tradition that we have started.
On Saturday we got up late and went to the Cajun Kitchen on Carp for breakfast, mmm! Then we headed into to SB. We stopped at Westmont (see next post) and did some driving around Montecito. It was one of THE MOST gorgeous days I've seen in SB since I lived there. Truly, we were incredibly blessed.
On Saturday we got up late and went to the Cajun Kitchen on Carp for breakfast, mmm! Then we headed into to SB. We stopped at Westmont (see next post) and did some driving around Montecito. It was one of THE MOST gorgeous days I've seen in SB since I lived there. Truly, we were incredibly blessed.
I ate my usual (which will NEVER get old for me), the Cold Spring Chicken, while Brent braved the Wild Boar. Yum.
Brent, I am so blessed to be married to you. Thank you for making this weekend so special. But mostly, thank you for being an amazing husband to me.
All my love and respect,
Kim
3 comments:
wow. what an amazing time for the 2 of you! the end seriously brought a tear to my eye! it is so incredible to watch your marriage...it is a TRUE testimony of the Lord! you are perfect for each other...and so love and respect your sweet bond. it is to be emulated! your day in SB looked incredible as well. that *is* an amazing place & i agree with you about the SMELL. it is so distinct and wonderful. i love you both & am thankful to know you!
You guys rock!!
such a blessing to read about your weekend together. love
mel
Post a Comment