We try once a year to get all the amazing women in our family together for a long weekend. We had such a great time together this year. My mom and I traveled up to Pleasanton on Thursday evening. I got to spend Friday with just the twins... a real treat, let me tell you! We went shopping and visited my beautiful cousin, Jen, at her office. She was looking hot in her outfit and we enjoyed seeing her new place (she just changed jobs recently). On Friday night my uncle Walt ook us to his golf club for dinner. My mom wasn't feeling very well (thus the strange expression below) but she made it...

Jen and I left a little early to go pick up my aunt Val and aunt Chris, who came from Portland!
I spent the night at Jen's new house that night... I LOVE IT! She has it decorated really cute. I enjoyed teasing her about the amount of white pants she owns and the fact that she has the luxury of dedicating an entire drawer in one of her dressers to ONLY white pants. She is so cute!
The next morning Jen and I went back to the airport to pick up Kate and Annjanette, so we thought! To our surprise, CAROLYN was there! Annjanette decided at the last minute to bring her and we were so happy. It was a surprise for her "nana" (my aount Chris). The mom had already left for Fresno so we got right on the road to head there ourselves. Sweet Carolyn took a little nap in the car on the way and was drooling like a champion!
We surprised "nana" at a little antique store in downtown Clovis where the moms and Laura and little Paige were shopping...
Needless to say, Nana was overjoyed!!!
They got to spend lots of time together...
And I, of course, tried to get my fill of little Paige. She is such a doll! Look at that hat!
... and her sunglasses!
I got to spend lots of quality time with Carolyn too which was wonderful. She is an amazing little lady. So sweet and well behaved and fun!
We ate dinner at Mimi's Cafe and then headed back to Laura's house. It was very exciting for everyone to see her new house... it is so great!
Caroline love Jen! Jen read her a story before she got in the car to drive back to aunt Marilyn's with Nana!
Before they left we all got to enjoy seeing Paige eat her dinner!

I slept with Laura that night because Aaron was working (he is a fireman) and around 4 in the morning we were joined by Paige in the bed. I woke up around 7 to Paige making adorable little sounds... what a way to wake up! It was great! Laura brought her out to the family room to spend some time with aunt Fifi!
Paige played and ate and napped all morning while all of us girls talked and laughed and hung out. Aaron came home early and we got to spend some time with him also. It was great to see him and see him with his little daughter. Aaron and Laura are such good parents!
This one is my fav... she's waving hello!

Late in the afternoon we left to go back to Pleasanton and reunite with our moms. My mom was throwing gang signs at me here, as you can see, along with my aunt Val! She only called me "Val" once or twice this trip which is pretty good for her!
We also got to see Jen's sweet dog, Izzy! She is so cute! Jen adores her.
The next day Jen, Kate, and I went out to breakfast together in downtown Pleasanton. It was nice to get some time with just them. I love my girls!
After that we went shopping downtown, visiting all our favorite shops and then having lunch at a little place aunt Marilyn likes. It was so yummy!



After lunch it was time to go for many of us. We did a little shopping at the mall but my mom and I were the first flight so we had to go pretty quickly. aunt Marilyn cried as she dropped us off and I felt truly sad to be ending such a great weekend. We had so much good conversation and bonding time, it was amazing. I am so blessed to have a family like this. I don't think I would be half the woman I am today without all of these amazing women in my family. How many people get to come from such a great heritage of women. It is a true blessing in my life and I am so thankful. I love you all ladies!
A couple of videos to enjoy... Paige eating her rice cereal. The second one I just thought was so funny that we were all crowded into the kitchen watching her eat, that IS a lot of pressure. Poor girl. She really doesn't seem to mind though!!
1 comment:
What a fun weekend with the girls!! Its so great that all ya'll (I threw that in there just for you) are able to get together once a year. I love the video of all of you watching Paige eat...too funny!
Post a Comment